From LETU Senate
Ratified on 2018-03-05 in a regular LSM meeting.
- 1 Article I - Structure
- 1.1 Section A - Positions
- 1.2 Section B - Selection
- 1.3 Section C - LSM President
- 1.4 Section D - Missions Vice President
- 1.5 Section E - Missions Coordinator
- 1.6 Section F - Community Vice President
- 1.7 Section G - Campus Vice President
- 1.8 Section H - Secretary/Treasurer
- 1.9 Section I - Media Coordinator
- 2 Article II - Finances
- 3 Article III - Meetings
Article I - Structure
Section A - Positions
- The LSM Cabinet shall be comprised of at least 7 members:
- LSM President;
- Missions Vice President;
- Missions Coordinator;
- Community Vice President;
- Campus Vice President;
- Media Coordinator.
- Additional positions may be created or removed at any point at the discretion of the LSM President, and confirmed with a two-thirds vote of the entire cabinet.
- Created positions are eligible for compensation as defined by Article II, Section A.
Section B - Selection
- Cabinet Members shall be selected from among IMPACT applicants expressing interest in LSM.
- Applicants shall be required to complete the IMPACT application and approval process as defined by Student Life.
- Personal interviews shall be conducted for all candidates.
- The current LSM President, LSM President-Elect, and Campus Pastor are required to attend;
- Current members of the LSM Cabinet shall be invited, but not required to attend;
- Returning members seeking reselection are not required to reinterview.
- Input from all attendees of the interviews shall be considered.
- The final hiring decision for LSM Cabinet members rests with the LSM President-Elect.
Section C - LSM President
- The LSM President shall constitute the final authority over all decisions pertaining to LSM, as defined by the Constitution, Constitutional Bylaws, and LSM Bylaws.
- In situations where continued disagreement exists that cannot be resolved internally, the matter shall be brought before the Executive Cabinet and/or the Campus Pastor.
- The LSM President shall meet regularly with the Campus Pastor.
Section D - Missions Vice President
- The Missions Vice President shall be responsible for:
- Coordinating with all missions organization that LSM partners with for Spring Break Missions;
- Organizing Spring Break Missions chapels as necessary;
- Overseeing all financial transactions relating to Spring Break Missions;
- Organizing a celebration for trip members at the conclusion of Spring Break;
- Organizing and overseeing all Spring Break Missions fundraisers;
- Making financial allocation decisions for Summer Missions.
Section E - Missions Coordinator
- The Missions Coordinator shall assist the Missions Vice President in completing his or her duties as appropriate.
- Additionally, the Missions Coordinator shall be responsible for:
- Choosing team leads for Spring Break Missions trips;
- Choosing treasurers for each Spring Break Missions trip and assisting in their training;
- Assisting trips in finding faculty sponsors;
- Handling required paperwork for Spring Break Missions trips;
- Any other duties or responsibilities assigned or delegated by the Missions Vice President.
Section F - Community Vice President
- The Community Vice President shall be responsible for:
- Overseeing all community ministries and their team leads;
- Organizing at least one major community event per semester;
- Coordinating with the Missions Vice President to find local service opportunities for students remaining on campus during Spring Break.
Section G - Campus Vice President
- The Campus Vice President shall be responsible for:
- Overseeing campus ministries and their team leads;
- Overseeing any major campus events hosted by LSM.
Section H - Secretary/Treasurer
- The Secretary/Treasurer shall be responsible for:
- Working in conjunction with LSM leadership to establish a budget for the semester within the first three weeks after the first day of classes each semester;
- Ensuring all members of the LSM Cabinet are kept apprised of the status of expenditures and the overall budget in a timely manner;
- Processing all receipts and financial transactions pertaining to LSM;
- Presented LSM’s budget to Senate as required by the Constitutional Bylaws;
- Working with the Student Body Treasurer as required;
- Taking extensive notes during LSM meetings and disseminating them to LSM members as appropriate;
- Any other tasks assigned by the LSM President.
Section I - Media Coordinator
- The Media Coordinator shall be responsible for:
- Maintaining LSM’s social media and web presence as required;
- Informing the Student Body of pertinent LSM information in a timely manner using appropriate avenues of communication;
- Appropriately documenting LSM events for both posterity and future advertising efforts;
- Working with the LSM Cabinet to advise them of proper event marketing strategies;
- Working with the Student Body Treasurer as required;
- Working with the Executive Cabinet Media Coordinator to coordinate LSM’s marketing with the rest of Student Government.
Article II - Finances
Section A - Compensation
- Compensation of the LSM President shall be determined by the Constitutional Bylaws.
- Compensation of LSM Cabinet Members shall be $500 per academic semester.
- For cabinet members who complete a partial term, compensation shall be prorated in accordance with the percentage of the term served.
Article III - Meetings
Section A - LSM Cabinet Meetings
- The LSM Cabinet shall meet at least weekly.
- The time and location of the meeting shall be decided by the LSM President, with consideration given to all members required to attend.
- The LSM President may change the location and time of the meeting at any time.
- The LSM President may cancel the meeting at any time.
- All current members of the LSM Cabinet shall be required to attend.
- Current non-cabinet members and volunteers for LSM are invited, but not required to attend.
Section B - Additional Meetings
- Cabinet Members may call meetings as necessary to facilitate execution of their required duties.
- The LSM President is encouraged to attend, but is not required to attend.
- The LSM President shall attend all Executive Cabinet meetings as required by the Executive Bylaws.
- If the LSM President is unable to attend an Executive Cabinet meeting, he or she shall select a representative from the LSM Cabinet to go in their stead.