From LETU Senate
Approved by general agreement of the 2016-2017 Executive Cabinet on April 21, 2017
- 1 Article I - Structure
- 2 Article II - Non-Elected Members
- 3 Article III - Finances
Article I - Structure
Section A - Overview
- The elected Executive Cabinet shall consist of:
- The Student Body President;
- The Student Body Vice President;
- The Student Body Treasurer;
- The LSM President;
- The YAC President;
- The Executive Cabinet may choose to hire additional non-elected members, as described in Article II.
Section B - Position Responsibilities
- The Student Body President shall be responsible for:
- Organizing the Executive Cabinet and setting up avenues of communication between members;
- Ensuring clear communication and collaboration exists between all branches of Student Government;
- Setting the time, frequency, and location of Executive Cabinet meetings, setting the agenda appropriately, and chairing the meetings;
- Settling any disputes between members of Executive Cabinet;
- The Student Body Vice President shall be responsible for:
- Assisting the President in accomplishing his or her goals in an efficient and expedient manner;
- Serving in the President’s stead in situations where the President is not present;
- Reporting on the status of Senate projects, initiatives, and efforts to the Executive Cabinet as appropriate;
- Coordinating between Senate and Executive Cabinet as appropriate;
- Working closely with the President to achieve the aims of Student Government and the Student Body;
- Serving as Executive Cabinet’s representative on the Senate Elections Committee unless otherwise decided by Executive Cabinet;
- The Student Body Treasurer shall be responsible for:
- Maintaining detailed and current records of Executive Cabinet funds, resources, and allocations;
- Keeping Executive Cabinet apprised of the status of Executive Cabinet funds and resources as necessary;
- Working with the Student Life Secretary to obtain accurate and current financial records as required for Student Government;
- Coordinating with and meeting as appropriate with the Senate Spending Oversight Officer, LSM Treasurer, and YAC Treasurer to maintain an accurate financial picture of Student Government funds;
- Reporting on the status of Executive Cabinet’s funds to Senate as required by the Constitutional Bylaws;
- The LSM President shall be responsible for:
- Keeping the Executive Cabinet apprised of the status of LSM events, efforts, and projects as appropriate;
- Coordinating between LSM and Executive Cabinet as appropriate;
- The YAC President shall be responsible for:
- Keeping the Executive Cabinet apprised of the status of YAC events, efforts, and projects as appropriate;
- Coordinating between YAC and Executive Cabinet as appropriate;
Section C - Executive Cabinet Meetings
- The Executive Cabinet shall meet regularly with all members.
- The Dean of Students shall be both invited and encouraged to attend.
- The Student Body President may invite additional guests as he or she deems fit.
Section D - Additional Meetings
- All members of Executive Cabinet are encouraged to attend Senate General Assembly, with special emphasis placed on the Student Body President and Student Body Treasurer.
Article II - Non-Elected Members
Section A - Overview
- The Executive Cabinet may choose to hire non-elected members to perform specific functions.
- Non-elected members shall not be allowed to vote on changes to these Bylaws.
- Non-elected members shall be current students that meet the guidelines for IMPACT leadership, as defined by Student Life.
- Non-elected members shall be considered to be IMPACT leaders for the duration of their term.
- Compensation for non-elected members shall be defined below, and is subject to the restrictions of Article VII of the Constitution.
- The process for selection shall be defined in the position description.
- In order to add or subtract a non-elected position, the below portions of these Bylaws shall be amended accordingly.
Section B - Current Non-elected Positions
- The Executive Cabinet currently contains the following non-elected positions:
- Marketing Coordinator
Section C - Marketing Coordinator
- The Executive Cabinet Marketing Coordinator shall:
- Work to meet the advertising needs of the Executive Cabinet and coordinate the larger marketing efforts of Student Government;
- Manage all Executive Cabinet web pages and social media outlets;
- Create appropriate marketing materials for Student Government and distributing them accordingly;
- Coordinate with Senate, LSM, and YAC marketing personnel to ensure coherence and effectiveness in their advertising efforts;
- Perform light secretarial duties as assigned by the Student Body President;
- The Marketing Coordinator shall serve a term of one academic year, concurrent with the elected members of Executive Cabinet;
- The current Marketing Coordinator shall seek out qualified candidates for the next Marketing Coordinator in the weeks leading up to the end of the Spring semester and make recommendations to the incoming Executive Cabinet.
- The existing Marketing Coordinator may suggest themselves for reselection, provided they present at least one other candidate.
- The new Marketing Coordinator shall be approved by a two-thirds vote of the incoming Executive Cabinet, with Student Body President-Elect retaining veto power.
Article III - Finances
Section A - Compensation
- Compensation for the elected members of the Executive Cabinet shall be defined by the Constitutional Bylaws.
- Compensation for non-elected positions shall be as follows:
- Marketing Coordinator - $750 per semester
- Compensation for non-elected positions serving a partial term shall be prorated according to the percentage of the term served.
Section B - Allocations
- Allocations for Executive Cabinet spending shall be determined by general agreement unless significant disagreement exists.
- Should it become necessary, allocations shall be either approved or disapproved by a majority vote of the elected members of Executive Cabinet, with the Student Body President retaining veto power.