Becoming a Senator
From LETU Senate
Would You Like to Join Senate?
Please follow these steps.
- Fill out the Senate Signup Sheet.
- You will have to sign in with your LETU email.
- If more people are interested than open positions, your RA will be contacted to hold an election.
- If your floor has an open position during the middle of the year, then fill out the form and your RA will be contacted to communicate a deadline to fill the position.
- If you are going to be moving to a different floor, make sure to sign up for (and campaign on) the floor you will live on next semester.
- The number of open positions per floor is based on the floor population. The number of Senators allowed per voting district shall be determined according to the last Fall Residence Life official housing list. A floor needs at least five people to have one senator. After twenty-five, an additional slot is granted, and so on for each additional twenty-five residents. For example, if a floor has twenty-six people on it, they can have two senators. After they reach fifty-one residents, they can have three senators.
- If there are no contested positions, an election is unnecessary and the position(s) will simply be granted.
- If you have any questions about the voting process or what it takes to be a senator, do not hesitate to contact current Vice President, President Pro Tempore, or Elections Committee Chair or ask any current senator.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing this great opportunity!